Two weekends ago St. Peter’s held their Shin Dig and this weekend we have St. Charles’ annual Celebration of Summer at McDonell High School. Both of these festivals provide much needed revenue, but even more importantly, they are an opportunity for us to come together as parish families. Whether you’re working or attending and enjoying all the fun – we appreciate your presence and your support. Fr. Charlie and I hope to see you all at the Celebration of Summer on Sunday! In advance, thanks to all our dedicated volunteers and to all who have donated to this year’s event.
We might be celebrating “summer” this weekend, but we’re less than a month from the start of a new school year. If you’re like me, you’re probably wonder where the summer is going! I hope that you each will have ample opportunity to enjoy these final weeks of summer sun and fun. I will be leaving on vacation Monday, August 3rd and returning August 19th. I know the parishes will be in good hands thanks to our parish staff and Fr. Charlie. I’m heading west on my motorcycle – please pray for good weather and safe riding! Thanks!
Considering that we are only a month away from the start of a new school year, I thought I should mention a few up-coming programs.
- Alpha will resume on Tuesday evenings, beginning September 8th. Please see the announcement in this week’s bulletin for more information. Or visit us online: chippewafallsfaithformation.net/alpha.
- Catholicism 201 is an eight week course for those who have completed Alpha. It will be held on Wednesday evenings, beginning September 16th. Each evening begins with a meal, followed by a talk by Fr. James Mallon and small group discussion. More information to come….
- Charles Parish Choir resumes weekly rehearsals on Wednesday, September 16th. We are always looking for new choir members! For more information contact Jerry Boorsma at 715-723-4088, ext. 103.
- C.I.A. Rite of Christian Initiation of Adults for those interested in joining the Catholic Church or adults seeking to be confirmed. The Alpha Course will serve as the first component of this process. See the accompanying announcement.
- Maria Goretti Pilgrimage on Friday, October 16th our parishes will sponsor a pilgrimage to venerate the relics of St. Maria Goretti in Madison. The relics of St. Maria will be traveling throughout the United States this Fall as a preparation for the Holy Year of Mercy that begins December 8th. St. Maria is known for extending forgiveness to the man who attempted to rape and kill her before dying from the wounds he inflicted on her.
This is only a partial listing of the events and programs on deck for this fall. There’s more to come in terms of programming for youth, families, and senior citizens. Please watch the bulletin for details. As you look ahead and make commitments, please remember the many opportunities our parishes will be offering. Can you make time for your faith beyond Sunday Mass this year?